p {text-indent: 12px;}
"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon and touched with our hands, con
cerning the word of life -- the life was made manifest, and we saw it, and testify to it ...." I John 1:1-2 (RSV)

"After his resurrection the disciples saw the living Christ, whom they knew to have died, with the eyes of faith (oculata fide)." Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, III, 55, 2 ad 1, as quoted in D. M. Stanley, Jesus in Gethsemane (New York, Paulist Press 1980).

Monday, August 20, 2012

Great Worship Music

At taintedcanvas.com you will find these excellent "10 Worship Songs You Should Hear."

If I'm drifting a bit, as I have been in the last week, worship music helps me to re-center.  It is not a fix for what ails you, but St. Paul does recommend "psalms and ... spiritual songs"  (Eph 5:19).  Yes, I know that Paul is referring there to singing in the assembly of believers.  But as a supplement to (not a substitute for!)   corporate worship there is nothing wrong with  singing in the car to help bring back  a heart that might otherwise be subject to drifting.

 I like the Vineyard UK music.  I just bought this  tremendous 2006 album ("Hungry - Falling on My Knees")  on itunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment