p {text-indent: 12px;}
"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon and touched with our hands, con
cerning the word of life -- the life was made manifest, and we saw it, and testify to it ...." I John 1:1-2 (RSV)

"After his resurrection the disciples saw the living Christ, whom they knew to have died, with the eyes of faith (oculata fide)." Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, III, 55, 2 ad 1, as quoted in D. M. Stanley, Jesus in Gethsemane (New York, Paulist Press 1980).

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Harvest is Done


Photo of the farm field to the west, from my backyard, Mayville,WI
I have my post on the amazing  beauty of Genesis chapters 1 and 2 in my head,    but this week not much time to get it  written.  I took this picture of the farm field  from  my backyard,  my favorite place in the world.   They had planted soybeans, and now you see that the field is bare.  They  harvested last week with the giant Star Wars harvesters.     And we had  a wonderful rain on Sunday, I know, way too late for the crops, but I'm still grateful for it.   Before Sunday's rain everything was so bone dry that I felt like I was living in Oklahoma.  August 8 had been our last significant rain.   We had over an inch of rain on Sunday  and then yesterday it rained again, and now although it's getting late in the year   it is good to see that our browned out  grass is turning green.

No comments:

Post a Comment